What we install
We can quote to install any of the following fireplace products:
- Wood burning & multi-fuel stoves
- Twin-wall flue systems
- Gas fires
- Electric fires
- Stone & marble fireplaces
- Victorian cast iron fireplaces
- Fireplace hearths
Our installation service includes the relining of existing brick chimneys and the construction of new studwork false chimney breasts where necessary. We work with a wide range of clients, from individual homeowners to large contractors.
Our fireplace installation area
Ivett & Reed is based in the university city of Cambridge, where we have been trading since 1896. Our large showroom and yard are at 615 Newmarket Road, easily accessible from the A14 on the eastern edge of the city. Click here for a map and contact details.
Our installation service is most competitive within an approximately 40 mile radius of Cambridge. This is roughly the area shown within the red circle on the map.
However we regularly install fireplaces, fires and stoves throughout the eastern region, so if you are outside this area but still within reasonable travelling distance from Cambridge, please feel free to contact us to discuss an installation estimate.
About our fitters
We employ our own experienced fireplace fitters who can expertly install anything from a simple decorative hearth to a complete stone fireplace, including chimney work where required.
As HETAS Registered Installers, we can install solid fuel appliances and flues without the homeowner having to notify Building Control. HETAS is the only competent persons registration scheme specialising in the installation of solid fuel, wood and biomass technologies.
Click here for more details about why it is important to use a HETAS Registered Installer for any installation work on solid fuel fireplaces, stoves and flues.
Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey, appointed by the relevant Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009.
What to do if you would like an installation estimate
The following information will help us to give you as accurate an estimate as possible:
- Your contact details (please include a phone number as well as an email address)
- The full address of the property where the installation is to be carried out
- Type and approximate age of the property (e.g. "1930s semi", "Victorian terrace", "new build")
- Approximate size of the room where the fireplace will be installed
- Details of any existing fireplace or appliance which will need to be removed
- Details, if known, of any existing chimney or flue
- Names of the product(s) you are interested in
- Details of the finish you are looking for (e.g. "traditional mantelpiece", "contemporary hole-in-the-wall")
If you are within our installation area and would like an estimate for us to install one of our products, please contact us with as much information as possible. Alternatively, you can email us. If you could attach some photographs of your existing fireplace and chimney, this would help speed up the estimating process.
What happens next
A member of our sales team will aim to put together an installation estimate within a couple of days of receiving your request.
We may need to contact you to discuss your installation and to gather more information, so it is important that you provide a telephone number as well as an email address. We will not use your details for any other marketing purposes.
Once completed, your estimate will be emailed to you.
If you wish to proceed with an order, you would then need to book us to carry out a quotation visit. This enables us to visit your property to assess the potential installation, measure up, discuss options and make final decisions with you. A small fee is charged for the quotation visit, which is fully refunded if you proceed with the installation quoted.
Are you using another installer?
We are happy to sell any of our products on a "supply only" basis for installation by others, however please remember the following important points:
- All wood burning and multi-fuel appliances and flue systems must be installed by a HETAS Registered Installer, or the installation needs to be overseen by local authority building control.
- All gas appliances and flue systems must be installed by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.
- Any electrical work required to install any appliances or components should be carried out by a suitably qualified electrician.
- All wood burning, multi-fuel and gas appliances, fireplaces and flues must be installed in accordance with Document J of the Building Regulations.
- The incorrect installation of a stove or fire may invalidate the warranty on the product.